Olympus E-10 Digital SLR Camera
By Dr. Gonzo
What is it?
Manufacturer's Web site: Olympus
Product page: E-10 digital camera
The E-10 is Olympus' flagship digital camera. It is a true SLR design that uses a beam splitting prism to get the image
to the CCD and the optical viewfinder. It has a fixed ED glass autofocusing lens, a built-in flash and a true 4 megapixel CCD sensor.
||Digital SLR camera with 1.8 inch color TFT LCD monitor||Imaging system
||CCD: 2/3" 4.0 megapixel (3.9 effective)
|Supported resolutions: 2240x1680, 1600x1200, 1280x960, 1024x768, 640x480|
|File formats: TIFF, Olympus RAW, JPEG|
|ISO equivalency: 80, 160, 320 ISO|
||Smart Media, CompactFlash type II dual slot (concurrent use)|
|Focal length, 35mm equivalent: 35mm-140mm|
|Zoom magnification equivalent: 4x|
|Construction: 14 elements in 11 groups|
||Bulb 30 sec. max, manual 8 to 1/640 sec., auto 2 to 1/640 sec.|
||Four (4) AA size (1.5v alkaline, 1.2v NiMH rechargeable)|
||5 in. x 6.3in. x 4.1 in.)|
||1050 g without batteries, lens cap, memory cards (37 oz)|
||32 to 104 degrees F|
NOTE: This is a very abbreviated spec listing. Check the full listing on Olympus' site
I ordered my E-10 from Essentiallyyoursdigital.com.
Here's how I break down the experience:
- Fast shipping, I ordered Wednesday night and got the camera Friday
- Low prices
- Not grey market (as far as I can tell, it's a legit U.S. product I received)
- Relatively trouble-free transaction, seems to be an honest shop
Although my overall experience was positive with this retailer, I have since found other reputable places
with the same or lower prices, and I'd be willing to give them a try before I go with EYD again.
- Clunky web site, not much automation
- Although the shop is in California, they ship from a New York warehouse, and when it comes to digital cameras,
getting anything from New York when you were trying to avoid it is BAD
- Almost zero communication. I had to ask whether the item shipped, and received a one-word reply (Yes).
Then I had to ask for the tracking number, and they gave it to me. It would have been much better if
they sent me the information without my having to chase for it, especially since their site is not
automated enough to show order status.
- Shipping is somewhat expensive
Added: October 10th 2005 Next Page (2/4)
[ Back to Reviews Index | Post Comment ]